Locus Systems Inc.
1-146 West Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada L4B 1C2
Tel: 905-948-0093 1.888.ASK.LOCUS (1.888.275.5628)
© Locus Systems Inc., all rights reserved
Locus ranks among the Leaders in the deployment of OpenText solutions. In fact, not just in Canada. Locus delivered solutions across 4 continents this past year alone. To continue to thrive and grow, we need a diverse, driven team of talented employees.
Locus offers highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities—all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. Our total rewards program is aimed at helping you and your family maintain a healthy lifestyle, achieve a work-life balance, manage your finances, and live a less stressful life. We hope you’ll join us.
Current Available Positions
ECM Project Manager (US or Canada)
Provides a single point of contact for projects and tasks for projects from original concept through final implementation. Facilitates definition of project scope and objectives with a team. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of project, plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Ensures policies and procedures are being followed efficiently and effectively, milestones are clear and being achieved, and that there is a smooth transition to the client.
1. Manage both business and technical team for implementation of ECM solutions. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Recommends/takes action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems
2. Manage complex project budgets based on fixed budget.
a. Effectively manage large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals
3. Set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources.
a. Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such project objectives and deliverables are met
4. Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed. Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers
5. Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects - concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
6. Promotes Locus ECM standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of resources
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
• 7+ years of experience implementing software solution in a business environment
• Experience working in a professional services or consulting environment
• Experience working in small to mid sized organization
• Experience with OpenText EIM solution, or other related products (Documentum, FileNet, etc)
• Proved knowledge in Information Management (including record keeping) policies and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Superior customer service approach committed to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, committed to continuous improvement of service delivery model
• Ability to be productive and produce quality results in a dynamic work environment; well organized, show initiative, and accept responsibility for issues and their resolution
• Ability and willingness to keep up to date on the emerging technologies and understanding of how to apply them to drive business value
• Willing to do up to 50% travel within Canada and the US
If your are interested in learning more about your future with Locus, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Locus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state/prov or local law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Locus does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Unsolicited resumes submitted to a Locus e-mail account or via Locus’s website are considered property of Locus Systems Inc. and are not subject to payment of agency fees. If you would like to become an authorized recruitment vendor for Locus you must have an agreement signed by Locus’s Human Resources Department in advance of any resume submittal. Please contact Human Resources for more information about becoming an authorized vendor.